Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Setting My Goals for 2014

The paraphrase a video that was share with me:

There is never a right time to do a great thing. You have to create the perfect time and the perfect situation. In my case that involves a lot of planning. If being successful at my goals were easy I wouldn't need goals. I would awake up to greatness every day. 2014 is going to be the year that will make and break a lot of habits, friends and relationships. 2014 is the year of greatness. 

In 2014, I will be running the TCS New York City Marathon. My start line to my very first marathon isn't in Staten Island on Sunday, November 2, 2014. My start line starts today. Hundreds of miles will be covered before stepping foot in the direction of those 26.2 miles. Every single day leading to that marathon is going to be a test of how mentally and physically strong of a person I am. It doesn't take any effort to sit and not challenge myself.  

Now it's time to set up the frame work for the next 12 months. These goals are just a starting point because as the finish line gets closer goals will need to be added. 


Well here are my short term goals for January:
- Resume weekly weigh loss journey blog posts (Continue this throughout the year)
- Start weekly or bi-monthly half marathon/marathon training posts. (Continue this throughout the year)
- Set a new personal record running/walking the Manhattan Half Marathon on January 26th


Long term goals and activities for 2014

Weight Loss goals:
- Each month track at least 27 days.
- Follow my routines: Get 7 to 8 hours of quality sleep each night, know how I am going to be active the next day and put my fork down and sip water between bites.
- Enter Onderland by my 34th birthday.

Biking goals:
- Participate in the following Bike Tour: Five Boro, Tour de Staten Island, Tour de Brooklyn, Tour de Queens, Century (55mile) and Tour de Bronx.
- Do not fall off my BIKE! 

Running Goals:
- Complete NYRR's 9+1 
- Complete NYRR's 5 Borough Series.
- Complete a Half Marathon 11 out of 12 months.
- Run/Walk with my Bestie
- Complete a Half Marathon within 2:50:00
- Complete the NYC Marathon within 6:00:00

Personal Goals:
- Defeat my inner emotional eating demon
- Go on more family outings
- Spent more time with close friends
- Spent more time with my sofa


"You will never be successful until you turn your pain into greatness....Your pain is going to be apart of your prize."

No comments: